Wednesday 4 March 2009

All the new fresh stuff...

Yes, it is a bit late...well, very late but I have been quite busy and so with this small window of opportunity, I plan to make up for my inability to keep to deadlines within the group.

My apologies also go out to Ross, Lee and Chris, the other three members of the Phenomenal Four. Anyway, the topic I am making up for is the next part in the sequel of blog posts within Operation Epic Post.

It will be difficult blogging about specific types of music so I will talk about what music I like.

Being someone who listens to about 6 hours of music each day, if not more, I have allowed myself to stretch the limits of my musical attraction in order for me to enjoy a wide range of music. I do not stick to one genre, but I enjoy songs from a number of them.

To make this clearer, I enjoy a variety of songs from the following genres:
  • R&B
  • Dance
  • Alternative
  • Rock
  • Pop
Evidently, whatever I now type is very unbiased...because I say so. It is very easy for me to make a split second decision on whether or not I will like a particular type of music at that moment in time. This applies to new music mainly and a good source of that is Galaxy FM.

Being a road user nowadays, I have began to listen to the radio a lot more and as I clock up a lot of mileage each week, I hear more and more new music over the radiowaves each day. As I listen, I think about what I like about the song and decide if I want it on my iPod or not. If it passes the selection process, I download it and allow myself to keep listening to it.

What concerns me is that radio stations have a common tendancy to overplay a number of songs and as a result, I get bored very quickly and begin to realise that particular songs are now unbearable.

1 comment:

  1. Galaxy is good for people who like that sort of 'music' i guess... at least they dont recycle 3 songs all day like they do on Radio One. I hate Radio One so much.

    ReplyDelete

Drop us a line...

Custom Search
Allow yourself to roam about the world wide web freely, straight from An Organised Mess!
Blogging Fusion Blog DirectoryAdd to Technorati FavoritesPersonal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory