Tuesday 22 September 2009

Part Deux

The course was pretty immense to be fair. I was delivered a new shiny Vauxhall Corsa from Drive Assist. I thought the deal was too good to true, and I gulped pretty loudly when I realised for 22 days it would cost me, or the 3rd party's insurer a collosal £1500!

Other than this, one person made my course. Her name shall not be posted publicly because we share something special - but as always, life throws its obstacles in its way!

Throughout the course, I, along with the other guys I work with intended on having a good laugh - as per the norm on a 10 day course! One night, the decision was made to engage in a drinking game and it was a highly innocent thing as far as we were concerned.

The morning after, I was approached and quizzed about the night before. Answering all the questions perfectly well, I was told to carry on with my day. Later that day however, things got very bad indeed - and as the events unfolded, it left me with a scar on my life. And obviously, I won't be naming any names and I won't be going into any detail, simply to protect myself.

All in all, my friend and colleague was sacked and I was on the line of being sacked - instead, the grounded me. But it was all over-the-top I think. Sacking someone who works hard, and considering sacking another hard worker due to a drinking game.

It didn't have any affect on the morning or day after simply because I woke up on time, got to where I needed to be on time, and worked hard as always without any problems whatsoever - but they decided on this occasion they would blow the situation out of the water and make a mountain from a mole hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line...

Custom Search
Allow yourself to roam about the world wide web freely, straight from An Organised Mess!
Blogging Fusion Blog DirectoryAdd to Technorati FavoritesPersonal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory