Thursday 5 February 2009

The Big Freeze

Now, for anyone who is completely oblivious to the world around them turning white, you should realise that we have all been well and truly snowed in.

I am getting to the point where I am starting to hate snow. Looking outside my window - everything is covered in a healthy 4-5 inch layer of the stuff.

It has caused mass disruption to the UK as councils and just people overall cannot cope with the sheer volume that has fallen. I know in my city, Coventry, the council has run out of gritting salt, all the schools except 2 (crazy) are closed, and every bus service has been cancelled.

I suppose that means that businesses will be closed too? According to the news, with just London shutting down on monday due to the heavy snow, that alone cost our economy over £1 billion.

Being in a recession, I do not need to really make it clear that it was £1 billion we could have used on something more important than wasting it because people couldn't be bothered to make the effort of getting into work.

I was watching GMTV, like I always do during the week before driving to school. A man in London had braved the weather, and the deep snow, to travel to work on his bike. Yes, his bike. The determination of that man should have influenced everyone. But I can imagine that everyone except me were thinking "gosh, this guy is a lunatic!".

I am sorry, but you all cannot talk. Yes, have a day off, but don't completely destroy the economy in the process. Its quite selfish I think.

Either way, enjoy the snow!

1 comment:

  1. Melt all of the snow.

    Bottle the remaining water.

    Send it to Africa for an absolutely huge profit.

    Take *every* day off :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop us a line...

Custom Search
Allow yourself to roam about the world wide web freely, straight from An Organised Mess!
Blogging Fusion Blog DirectoryAdd to Technorati FavoritesPersonal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory