Wednesday 18 February 2009

A Rule of War

I have found myself to be quite simply, the battlefield guru. Not only am I joining the UK Armed Forces, specifically the RAF, but my cousin is serving in the Army and my Uncle once served in that same force.

It goes without saying, that I have military blood, as well as flying blood, inside of me.

As I am sure a good number of you will know, there are specific rules in war. One set is called the Rules of Engagement and if you are the UN Peacekeeping Forces, they have one rule which reads "If you are shot at, stand your ground, don't open fire, and die."

I am perfectly happy with Rules of Engagement anyway, well, the ones set by the Ministry of Defense of course. The focus of this blog wasn't on those rules, but on another set of rules that every country has to follow. Show your thanks to the UN for this by blowing up their headquarters for all of our sakes.

I was watching one of my favourite programmes on television last night about doctors and nurses who work in Afghanistan with the British Army and the Royal Air Force. I was pleased to hear that our country is the only country out there that operates a Medical Emergency Rescue Team (MERT). This means, we are the only country that flies doctors and nurses TO the patient, rather than flying the patient to the medical professionals.

As the programme reached the end, the cameraman was on the MERT Chinook helicopter and I was incredibly angry to see that because of the UN's stupid nation-hugging bullcrap, they had to treat a Taleban fighter.

They blindfolded him and carried him onto the helicopter, to take him to the main operating base in Afghanistan to treat him for his injuries. It disgusts me to see that our troops spend their tour getting shot at, killed, or injured by these scumbags yet we have to treat them otherwise the UN cries and jumps on our backs about Human Rights. Cue shitty pointless charities to come and protest for the cause.

If I had my way, which obviously I don't, I would say that they should get the Taleban insurgent onboard the helicopter, take off to a good altitude, then throw him out of the back.

It is better than treating him, and sending him back to fight once more and probably kill one of our troops.

We should scrap that part of the Geneva Convention.

1 comment:

  1. Unless he fell on one of the troops.

    "Death from above" gets a new meaning...

    ReplyDelete

Drop us a line...

Custom Search
Allow yourself to roam about the world wide web freely, straight from An Organised Mess!
Blogging Fusion Blog DirectoryAdd to Technorati FavoritesPersonal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory